BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Rambling Autobiography

I was born June  16th, 1964 when the Beatles were starting their "invasion" of North America. My earliest memories include staring up a birch bark tree in our backyard for hours on  end and eating glass and pennies that i found washed up on the beach. In Kindergarten, I remember my teacher Mrs Simpsons slapping me in the face as I was lined up to go home at lunch. i have no idea why because I think I was a good boy and even if I wasn't, should I ever be slapped by a teacher? In grade one, I met my best friends and we're still good friends now even though he became a doctor and now lives in the country with a bunch of horses. Also In grade one, I remember being introduced to subtraction. I think I may have been the only kid in the room who didn't get it and I remember feeling awful and crying about it. To this day as a teacher, I still remember what that felt like and I think it has helped me to be a more understanding teacher if one of my students just doesn't get something. I remember my first dog Dusty who was a black lab with a white crest on his chest. he was a great dog and very friendly but then some kids on the block always teased him by throwing rocks at him so one day Dusty bit one of these brats so they had to put Dusty down! (They put the wrong animal down if you ask me now!)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That's sad my first animal was a rabbit named Rex we had to give him away because our landlord was kicking us out of our house I don't know if he is dead or not but I think he is because I was 8 at the time